We set out to create the “anti-gym”! We spent many a day at your typical box gym and were so underwhelmed by our experience we quit our membership and ended up having more fun in our garage that we turned into a training room. Yes, we would rather risk low temperatures, dust, and dirt than to go back to the box gym. Read that last sentence again…two girls trained in a freezing cold garage just to avoid your typical gym experience.
Our box gym experience was uncomfortable, members were put on the backburner, you were just a number (or finger scan if you will), and if you didn’t have any formal education on movement – where the heck would you begin?! We knew there was something missing in the market, as people with this type of experience had no other charming options.
- We wanted (and here’s a no-brainer) to create a fun environment you actually enjoyed working out in and didn’t dread coming back to. A space you couldn’t wait to return to!
- We wanted to create a space where you’re never alone and never lost, where there is someone always on the floor to assist you.
- We wanted to create an environment that was more like a family…without the drama
- We wanted a more personalized space, one where everyone knew your name, who genuinely cared about you, and a place that truly had your best interest at heart.
- We wanted more sophistication when it came to workouts such as designing individualized programs with intention and purpose for each member. We wanted to create a clear path towards member’s goals, with no guesswork, and still tailored to their unique qualities.
- We wanted members to feel like they had support and encouragement right when they needed it and available any time they wanted it.
- We wanted to make a positive, lasting impact on our neighborhood.
- We wanted to be able to give back to our community and help make a difference by providing a positive contribution to other’s lives outside the studio as well as inside the studio.
- We wanted to inspire…Inspire people to do more, give more, and be more than they ever thought possible.
We dropped everything we were doing, i.e. quit our full-time jobs and both headed out for higher education in our respected interests. Christine pursued Exercise Science while traveling across the country meeting with the top leading fitness professionals in the industry to understand the future of fitness, what works and what doesn’t work when designing programs for the individual. Andrea pursued her Certification in Life Coaching through the International Coaching Federation so that we could better help our members with the 23 hours they are not in the studio. We also continue to read anything we can get our hands on to help make Aleda better every single day.
A unique space where we help people feel good about themselves every day. It’s bright, colorful, comfortable, full of positive energy and most importantly very personal. We put people, relationships, and results FIRST. Our top priority is to help our members succeed while giving them an enjoyable, fun experience.
What lives now in Portland, OR is a space that is non-threatening, non-intimidating, comfortable and inviting. A space that takes pride in their core values, their mission, and their passion for helping people. We have literally put the “personal” back into personal training. We believe fitness should fit into your lifestyle, be something you look forward to, and be something you are proud of.
Simply put, we believe fitness should be simple, smart and fun so that you can enjoy more life!
Throughout this entire journey we knew one thing to stand true – always believe anything is possible. If we waivered in our belief that we could create a truly special place like Aleda, we would have a hard time instilling belief into our clients every single day. When you come to Aleda we believe in you from the moment you walk in the door to when you encounter roadblocks on your path to success.
We want to make feeling good your expectation whether it’s here in person at our studio or through our lifestyle blog. Our mission is simple: We want you to enjoy more life.
So here’s to making a difference and setting out to make a better experience for someone like you
Christine + Andrea Wilborn